Wednesday 1 December 2021

How The Heck???

 Yay! It's December 1st! That means it's finally time to begin opening the advent calendars!!! Of course, my first go-to was the quilting advent calendar I purchased from The Quilting Gnome.


Darn...that knot was hard to undo! I was just about ready to cut it! Today's "gifty" was an envelope. Inside was a welcome to this year's advent calendar, and a Christmas-themed pattern :) Apparently this pattern can be made with 3 yards of fabric. Sweet!


I have to say....I am so excited that I'm going to find it hard to open only one thing each day for the next 24 days! Of course, I also got to enjoy a chocolate from my Ferrero advent calendar :P


This one, too, is going to be hard to only open one a day!

Today, SW and I were on the calendar to  have lunch with a long-time friend of ours. I decided that I would take advantage of the half-hour drive (SW driving) to do some hand sewing on one of my UFOs...Tula Nova. When I pulled it out of the bag, I was surprised to find that I'd sewn in a star with a pale purple centre amidst the dark purple centred stars. How the heck did that happen?!?!?! And how did I not notice sooner :( It's going to be fun pulling out all that whip stitching to remove it....NOT!!!

Once back home from our lovely lunch visit, I began working on the star blocks for Graphic Jam.


This is just one of the four background fabrics for this quilt. I even managed to "twirl" (hence, "the twirling dervish") the centre. I can no longer NOT twirl the seams when four of them come together. Elaine (Crazy Quilter On A Bike blogger) would be proud!


And now it's time to enjoy the fire upstairs and work on removing an errant star from my Tula Nova project.

On that note, I wish everyone a lovey night!

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. I am PROUD!!!! Way to go, but how did you sew that star in the wrong place? I swear a gremlin did it - not you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea! I must have had a light-centred one in the bundle of dark-cantered ones :P

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...