Sunday 12 December 2021

Bit Of A Mess!

 The advent calendar from today had a very round area, about 1/2" thick. I thought perhaps it might be a retractable measuring tape.

Nope! And even when I opened it, I wasn't sure what it was. 
Apparently you run your thread through this before you do hand-stitching. It helps keep your thread from tangling and fraying. Nice!!!

This morning being "myiwanna day", and with the sun shining brightly into the living room, I enjoyed a leisurely coffee in a pottery mug gift to me by my "adopted" daughter Ana.

Eventually I did make my way downstairs to do some sewing, but quickly realized that I'd need to do a bit of tidying and organizing first.



It wasn't TOO bad, but it was enough to be distracting. After tidying up and putting away things that had been dropped, I worked on updating my calendar for the new (and old) classes I was going to be taking/continuing over the next 4 months. Using highlighters to colour code my classes, it became apparent that I need to NOT sign up for any more new classes until I cleared my proverbial plate from some of the older ones. Really??? Only one highlighter unused?!?!? No  wonder I feel like I'm perpetually chasing my tail :P


Having completed the tidying and organizing, I got to work with some sewing stuff. First, I cut the next pieces for Tula Nova, and English paper-piecing project I've reacquainted myself with recently. It's been very pleasurable having some hand-stitching to do while watching TV in the evening :)


I also finished the 6 microwave cozies that a friend requested.

AND....I began work on the secret project.

But it's still a secret!  :D

And on that note...I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...