Friday 24 December 2021

Favourite Places...

 I didn't even attempt to try figure out today's advent calendar offering. It could have been too many things.

Turned out to be a wonderful mini-organizer. This will be a great place to store the things I use most often right next to my sewing machine...snips, stitch-ripper, marking pens :)

Most advent calendars end on the 24th, but this one has one more thing...an envelope. But, that will have to wait until tomorrow. 

I have to say that The Quilting Gnome is such a lovely shop...and not just because of this amazing advent calendar they put together for quilters. I only wish it wasn't so darn far away from me (about 2-1/2 hours drive). It is definitely one of my favourite spots to shop for fabric and other quilting things, even though I don't get there often :)

Another place I like to shop at is Country Concessions in Cookstown. Since the move to their new shop, they have SO much more space. I also love that it is right on the main route I take when I head down to visit family and friends in Guelph.

My most favourite go-to place, however, is Thimbles & Things in Orillia. The staff there are amazing....friendly and helpful. And I absolutely LOVE their offering of Zoom classes. No worrying about hauling everything to the store for classes; no limit (almost) to the class sizes; everything available to order online for their classes. "Sew" many things to love!!!

Yesterday, we did what I call "the whirlwind tour" down to Guelph to drop off gifts, etc. It included a stop at Thimble & Things to pick up a number of items I had ordered online, but didn't wish to have shipped (Which, btw, Sue gets done in VERY short order when I ask for items to be shipped). One of the things I picked up was the Canoe Lake quilt kit. It's being offered as an online class, but I already have too many classes on my plate. I do, however, LOVE the quilt, so...wanting to do it sometime in the future, I decided to buy it. Fabrics come and go, so who knows how long it would be available! I just had to buy it!!! :)...or so I tell myself.

I also got more fabric for the upcoming Tula Pink "Butterfly" class I will be taking in January.


And last but not least, I have my Th&Th Discount Card for 2022 :) Definitely a good investment as it offers specials to take advantage of each month AND you receive 10% off of cuts of fabric.

I am late in posting this tonight, and we all know that we MUST be asleep early tonight if we want Santa to come!!!

So...on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...