Friday 31 December 2021

Refreshing!

 As you all know, I follow crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com . Today, she challenged her followers (those that are quilters, at least) to clean up their sewing area. She also challenged us to send her pictures...which I did :)

Here are pictures of my cutting space, and my sewing desk area....before cleaning up the area around my sewing machine.

Stuff tossed all over the cutting table

Stuff stashed in the window-well

Clutter on my sewing desk

Even more clutter on my sewing desk

Fabrics, magazines, patterns, ??? dropped on the storage unit at the end of the desk

I spent just over 2 hours cleaning, pitching, and organizing (reorganizing???). And I started with this...

Mmmm! A Reese's chocolate peanut butter bell. Now how did that not get eaten the other day when I took it down with me???
I grabbed some old mugs that I don't use, and started with highlighters, pens/pencils, fabric markers, and so on. I love my highlighters so much that I purchased 10 new colours to add to the collection.
I know what you're thinking! That's 10 more classes I could sign up for. I know, eh?!?!?! Not that I will, though. But having the option is appealing :D
I took the magazines and pulled out only the things that I wished to save for potential future projects, and I stored them in plastic sleeves in a binder.
I grabbed all the fat quarters that had been pulled from their space at the end of my sewing desk....and unceremoniously dumped on the shelf when I was done cutting the bits I needed....and sorted them by colour. I then folded them to be put back into their storage bins.
I even got all the Advent Calendar presents put away AND cleaned out the window-well :)
The end result: A cutting table and sewing machine area that is neat and tidy....ready for 2022! I just need to work on the rest of the room...but not tonight!



Awesome suggestion, Elaine :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night......and a VERY Happy New Year!!!

TTFN







2 comments:

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...