Tuesday 30 November 2021

Woe Is "Knee"!

 As well as getting my morning cup of coffee set up, another sweet thing SW does for me (pretty much daily in the cold weather) is get a fire going in the downstairs wood stove.


So lovely on any chilly day, but seems even better when the snow is falling outside. My view out the window of my sewing room:


I began this morning by trying to get as much of the homework done as possible for my Graphic Jam class today. While I did not get everything done (none of the background pieces necessary to get the first 2 rows sewn together), I did manage to get the blocks done for all 4 of the assigned "plus" signs. Not bad in 9 days :) I took this photo before I had the last 2 sections done.


Jade decided today that she wanted to be able to lay out near the fire. She was able to "toast her buns" while keeping and eye on me AND on the red squirrels just outside the sliding door.

I love when she keeps me company!!!

Following the Zoom class for Graphic Jam, I began work on the "star" blocks for the background. I cut all of the necessary fabric pieces for the 12 blocks, and managed to get 4 of the blocks done (shy of sewing the four sections of each into a block). I did not take any pictures of that work. More on that later :)

On a side note, I have to say that I really do love my calendar. It reminds me of what classes are coming up, and the side bar feature (Best thing ever!!) keeps me focused on what homework I need to get completed for each class. 


I would need a SIGNIFICANTLY larger side bar if I wanted to record all the work I needed to get done on my various UFOs (UnFinished Objects)  :(

Jade came into the sewing room at the appointed time (3:30...She does seem to know how to tell time) to let me know that it was time for our afternoon walk. I got myself ready and we headed out. With having had both my knees replaced (Is it really almost 6 years ago???), I am always very conscientious of stepping carefully in the winter time. When things are icy, I even put chain-grips on my boots. Well....didn't I actually slip and fall today!!!


That is not my kneecap you're looking at, btw. That is swelling below the kneecap. The knee itself is not really sore atm, but there certainly is a lot of swelling. I just might have to go get it looked at tomorrow if the swelling doesn't go down...or if the knee becomes painful. Ah well....Just so happens I have a bunch of blocks that need to have the paper removed from the back of them. Good excuse to sit and relax. I think a sappy Hallmark Christmas movie is in my future tonight!!!

On that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...