Thursday 16 December 2021

Dang Tinsel!!!

Today's advent offering was a little easier to guess at. Not only because of shape of the package, but because of the fact that it sounded like liquid when I shook it. Can YOU guess what it might be?


 If you guessed "Best Press", you are correct!

What a gorgeous day! Felt a lot like Spring was in the air today :) It was wonderful for walking Jade!

Very funny....she was rather needy again in wanting attention this morning. The Christmas tree is right beside my chair. She came up for some loving and while I was scritching her, she put her head down. When she raised it, she freaked out because a bunch of tinsel got caught on her head and stuck in her lips. I couldn't get my phone quick enough to get a picture of it before a bunch of it fell off....but I did capture one stand still stuck over her ear.


After reading Elaine's blog, crazyquilteronabike.com, I thought i might retry something I hadn't done for some time....an audiobook. I had tried to listen to an audiobook once before, and was not successful in completing listening to the book. I don't recall clearly, but I don't think that it was from lack of interest in the book. I think perhaps I had just selected the wrong activity to accompany the listening. Elaine had been listening while working on quilting activities. Hmmm! Maybe that would work better. So, while I was eating my lunch, I decided to check out what "Libby" had to offer that I might be interested in. Wow! SUCH a huge selection! I had no idea. Rather that "going down the rabbit hole", I quickly settled on a Betty White book....only 2 hours....perfect for working on the secret project :)

It was easy to listen to, enjoyable enough (she does have some good nuggets of advice), and ended at just the right time for a break.

As promised last night, here is a photo of our Christmas tree all lit up. Not too shabby, I think!


Himself, who has a Whiskey Advent Calendar (along with a friend in Guelph who also has one), just finished his "Whiskey Zoom" and is ready to watch something on TV.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...