Saturday 11 December 2021

Very Sweet!

Before I share today's advent calendar, I want to share what came in yesterday evening's mail. I had discussed with a friend an interesting thing I'd seen on Facebook. It was an advertisement for "Sweet Reads", a monthly box subscription that would provide you with a book and a number of "treats"...some edible/potable and some not. I had told her that, while I really liked the idea, the cost was, in my estimation, rather exorbitant. And then it hit me! I suggested that maybe the two of us should engage in our own version of Sweet Reads, each taking a turn on alternating months to put together a box to send to the other. We've just completed two years of boxes (so hard to believe it's been two years already). This is the box I received from her for December.

It's incredible how much each of us looks forward to receiving the boxes that the other sends. It does help that we both love to read sooooo much!

Now on to the advent calendar parcel for today. It had me thinking I might be getting a quilter's glue-stick for paper piecing. The package was the right length...flat, with a cylindrical bump along the length of it.

But when I opened it, I discovered something I've never seen before. It's a pair of scissors encased in a plastic cylinder. When you pull off the cap, you slide the blades forward (somewhat like a utility knife), and then they open up for use. You can retract the blades to the locked position when done, and put the cap back on.


I think this gift might find a home in my purse....for those rare times when a pair of snips would be useful :)

I then attended two quilting Zoom classes, both taught by Elaine Theriault (crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com). I almost forgot about the first one for the Wanderer's Wife quilt, but managed to catch it about halfway through. The second one was about making quilting labels. LOTS of great ideas in this class.

The rest of my day was not especially exciting. Did a bunch of tidying, and did some housework. Worked on getting my bullet journal calendar ready for 2022. And now I'm sitting in front of the fire, writing this blog, and looking forward to a stint of reading.

On that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


2 comments:

  1. I LOE your idea of the subscription box that you've personalized with a friend. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprising how VERY much we look forward to the arrival of our boxes :)

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...