Sunday 26 December 2021

Mmmmm....Chinese Food!

I spent a chunk of today doing a Zoom Quilting Retreat....which began at 10:00 this morning. Sewers join the group and sew and chat, just like they would at a retreat. I managed to get all the pieces glued and cut for my Tula Nova English paper-piecing project.

It's been over a year, but finally I am able to take the cardboard shapes off the wall. They were placed there to help me keep the shapes...and what fabrics belonged to each shape according to the pattern...straight.

I had to leave the quilting Zoom at 1:00 to be able to join a Zoom with friends in Guelph, but I was shocked at how quickly the 3 hours had passed. After the Guelph Zoom, Steve and I did something a little crazy. We drove to North Bay...1 hour away from us....just to get some Chinese food from Loi's restaurant. We'd tried Chinese food from other places, but lucked into this place picking up an order from Rona. We've not had any luck finding any place we like as much as Loi's.

I have no idea why, but I always start with the egg rolls...and nothing else.

Something totally different. A couple of years ago, I started seeing adverts on Facebook for a physical activity challenge called Conqueror's Challenge. I showed my other half, thinking it might be something we could enjoy doing together, but he didn't seem to warm up to the idea....so I let it go. More recently, I've been seeing the adverts again. Once again, I got to thinking about doing it again. This time, however, I've decided that it's something I'm going to do for me. I checked out my Fitbit results for the past year...to see how many kilometres I'd walked throughout the year...and feel pretty confident that I could manage the Ring Road challenge, a 1,332 km virtual road trip around Iceland.




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...