Thursday 2 December 2021

On The Road Again

 Today was a crazy-early start. SW and I were on the road by 6:30 this morning as we needed to get to KIA in Bracebridge for the Sorento to have its oil change. Following that, we headed to one of my favourite quilt shops....Thimbles & Things....to pick up a quilt that I had Jen Ricca do her magic on on the long-arm. I won't show it just yet, as I'd like to get the binding on before the big reveal. Suffice it to say, she did an AMAZING job! I am so thrilled! I hope my niece is too :)

Then, it was off to Michael's in Orillia for a bit of Christmas shopping. Again, I won't show the photos. You never know who might see this ;) Of course, no trip to Orillia is complete without a stop at Costco. It's really hard to get out of there without spending $300+ each time.


On our way back through Huntsville, we stopped at Coles to pick up my "next best read" that I had pre-ordered as soon as I saw it was available. I have faithfully read every one of these immensely thick books....and will continue to do so if another one comes along.


Of course, getting up and out of the house so soon this morning meant that open my next quilting advent calendar gift would have to wait. Hmmm! What could it be???


I love today's gift!...a fat quarter of white-on-white snowflake material...with a little sparkle thrown in. I wonder what I should pair it with....and what I should make?


My early morning left me feeling rather tired and lazy. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to "cruise the couch" for a while...especially with a toasty fire burning :)


And now that I've regrouped, I think it's time to get a few "household" jobs off of my list...like dishes, and doing the bills.

On that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...