Monday 6 December 2021

Holy Heavy Snow!!

Today's advent calendar treat has me stumped once again. Flat on the very end, and very bumpy all over the place otherwise. I opened it to discover the cutest Christmas buttons :)




SW was home today. We woke up to about 25cm of snow accumulation. If you look through the posts of the deck's railing, where SW made a path through to the neighbour's place, you can just make out how deep the snow was, and it was VERY wet. 



Prior to winter, himself offered to clear the neighbour's driveway this year (even though he works 3 days a week at a part-time job) since her person from last year was no longer going to do it. Knowing that the snow was wet and heavy and would take more than the usual time to get the job done, I offered to at least do the long run of our driveway. I also shovelled the snow off the back deck.

After heading inside, I began work catching up on a large chunk of paperwork. It took me most of the day to get all of it done :( To be fair, I had been ignoring it for some time so it did build up. However, I was able to complete it all. No quilting today :( ....but paperwork done :)

Being so busy with paperwork, I did not take many photos today. That being said, I did look back on photos from a year ago. At that time, I was madly working on an involved quilt called "Tobacco Road". Instead of making one very large quilt, I decided to turn it into two lap quilts...one each for may mom and dad.


I think my friend, Vicki, did an amazing job quilting them for me on her long-arm quilter :)


Also, just a little less than a year ago, a close friend lost her father. A campground on Lake Huron called "The Pinery" factored very big in his life, her life, and the life of her 3 boys, so I decided to make this table runner as a memory gift.


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...