Tuesday 28 December 2021

An Empty Bin?!?!?

Last night...before lights-out...I checked my email and discovered that I had a postcard from the Conqueror Challenge. Lol...It's written as if I was the author of the postcard :)

I've had a good 2 days. I figured that I need to walk a minimum of 3km per day in order to complete this challenge by the end of a year, and I've already walked just over 8km in two days. Not sure I would be able to do too much more than that as I do feel like the fibro is kicking up a little. Of course, I could just be in a flare-up phase.

Previously, I posted about my January UFO....without explaining what that was about. In quilting, a UFO is an UnFinished Object. In other words, an incomplete project. With the number of UFOs mounting for me, I decided to join Elaine Theriault's (crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com) UFO Club. The fee to join is $25 + $100 deposit. Each month, we are required to set a goal for one of our UFOs. We send a photo of the UFO, plus what our goal is for that month, who then sends the information out to the group. Great accountability piece! before the assigned date, we must send a photo of the completed goal. If we fail to do so, we forfeit $10 of our deposit, and that amount gets donated to a Food Bank. We are committed to setting a goal for every month of the year, but there is no penalty for failing to complete the goal during the summer months (July & August). Today, I was able to actually empty a project bin because I am working on achieving my January UFO goal...to put the binding on the quilt I made for my niece.

Time to peel that label off :D But, oh my, I purchased the Canoe Lake quilt kit just the other day. I guess that empty bin didn't last very long!

I got the binding cut for Sydney's quilt, got it ironed, and got it sewn onto the front side of the quilt. I just need to fold it around and hand-stitch it to the backside of the quilt. But that's tomorrow's job!

As I suggested I needed to yesterday, I looked a little deeper into the "how" of the Conqueror's Challenge keeping plastic out of the ocean. Here's what I found:


They've partnered with PlasticBank to remove plastic from the oceans. PlasticBank provides job opportunities to those less fortunate in coastal communities, providing them with incomes to support their lives. How cool is that!?!

But I also discovered something else really cool. PlasticBank has Aurifil (a high-quality quilting thread provider) as one of its partners. 

I was really pleased to see that!

Anyway....it's been a busy day. And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



1 comment:

  1. Wow -- that plastic bottle thing is new. I've always planted the trees!! Great job and good research. I, like yourself, am happy to see that Aurifil is partnered with them. Together we WILL make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...