Saturday 25 December 2021

Peace Of The Season

 Most advent calendars end on the 24th, but The Quilting Gnome's advent calendar actually went to today....Christmas Day :)

And what was inside the envelope? A card that the store had professionally printed...

...and a $25 gift certificate to be used in the store. Awesome!!!


This truly was a wonderful experience! I would do it again :)

Today was a really special day! As much as I love having my kids around me, it was so lovely to just spend the day with my other half. Having spent thousands on our septic this fall, we decided to just do stockings for each other. We got up, got the coffee going, let Jade out and fed her, and then opened the goodies each of us had purchased for the other's stocking. We then enjoyed a really lovely brunch....bacon, fruit salad, pancakes. 

We made numerous phone calls to family and friends, wishing them the best of the season. I took a bit of time to decide on my first UFO project for the 2022 year (to be completed by January 16). I decided that January's UFO would be binding the quilt my niece requested me to make for her.


We even indulged in a nap this afternoon....in front of the fire :)

 Tonight, we enjoyed back ribs while watching back-to-back Star Wars movies. While watching the movies, I also continued to work on my Tula Nova paper piecing project.


I now have 3 of the ten done....two more waiting in the wings.

And on that note, I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas, and a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...