Wednesday 15 December 2021

Memories....

 I confess....I got no sewing done today....but I will do some hand-stitching on Tula Nova after I post this.

My advent calendar package was like a shrunken DVD case...a little thinner, a little smaller....except that whatever it was it was pliable.

It turned out to be a really lovely set of quilt-themed blank note cards.

Somebody....who shall remain nameless, but who is VERY much loved....was very needy this morning. She was seeking a more-than-usual amount of scritches today.

She is the first dog who does not favour SW (as the alpha) over me. She seeks out attention/playtime/?? equally from both of us. If I'm honest, I love this so much about her :)

Today was all about decorating for Christmas. There were so many memories...so many stories....and consequently, so many smiles...that were sparked.

My mother made all of us (my sister, her husband, her daughter, SW, my girls, and their other halves) a felt stocking. These are such a treasured part of our Christmas.


She also made this gingerbread house (and the cloth runner underneath it), as well as 2 Christmas trains (which my girls now own).


My father made Santa's sleigh and reindeer. A few of the small bells are missing, and Rudolph's pom-pom nose is a little worse for wear, but this is also a treasured decoration.

For several years in a row, a very good friend would make a small, cross-stitched stocking as a gift. I can't imagine how many of these she made over the years as I was not the only person to receive them :)


The story of these mittens is quite precious. They (a set of 12) were made by the grandmother of a student of mine some 30+ years ago. The grandmother had wanted to make them with Christmas-appropriate colours, but Hannah INSISTED that they had to be purple, as purple was my favourite colour.


The tree got done....but I forgot to take a picture of it once it got dark and the lights were turned on. That will have to wait until tomorrow night.


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...