Tuesday 14 December 2021

Slow Down!

 I woke up this morning to the sound of the lake "talking"....an awful lot. As it freezes thicker, and when the conditions are right, you can hear it popping and making all manner of noises. It's so cool!!! I must remember sometime to look up why it does that.

Today's offering was a cylinder. 



I thought perhaps a canister of pins. I gave it a shake. No rattle! I couldn't think of what it might be....but I wouldn't be surprised if you've already guessed. Being a quilter, I SHOULD have thought of this!!!


Turns out, it was a spool of thread :P Not being able to think laterally on that one should have been a sign right there! First mistake!

Once the usual morning routines were out of the way, I decided to get my Breakfast Barn Club homework out of the way. I got the fabric cut as per the instructions. Good start!


Knowing that I had a LOT of things on my "Daily Dues" list today, I was trying to get this done quickly. Second mistake! I read the instructions too quickly and....long story short, I had leftovers of one colour, not enough of another, all because I was reading the instructions too quickly and making MANY mistakes. SLOW DOWN! One should NOT quilt when one's mind is not fully IN the task. Many stitch-rips and resews later, I had the block done :P


Then it was on to the myriad of other tasks I set myself for the day (I'm not done them all, btw). I only managed to pause for lunch at about 3:15! Any by the time I was done that, it was time to take Her Ladyship for her afternoon walk (at which time we also check for mail each day).

Exciting!!! My first order of fabric (Tula Pink's solids) for the Tula Pink Butterfly Quilt Class (being offered by Thimbles and Things, and taught by Elaine Theriault, of crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com fame) arrived in today's mail :D


Just before breaking from my job list to work on this post, I moved furniture in the living room to make space for the Christmas tree that will be going up tomorrow. Lady Jade is SUCH a creature of habit, she really doesn't like when things change. I only moved over our (SW's and my) chairs and centre table about 1-1/2 to 2 feet, and removed one end table to make space for the tree. You'd think, however, that invited aliens to the house. Here's Her Ladyship looking unsettled and displeased. Notice the ears are back! She's definitely not happy!


Sorry Jade....for the next few weeks you're just going to have to "suck it up, buttercup"!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...