Tuesday 21 December 2021

Daily Detritus

 Nope....no idea!


Oh...cool!!!


Gorgeous day outside today....albeit a little crisp. I can tell if it's quite "chilly"....my titanium knees get a little cold and stiff! But the sun was shining, the sky was a beautiful blue, and the trees were coated with a jacket of snow :)

Just before I took the photo of the bird feeders, there was a bird sitting on top of the turquoise tower, looking in the window at me as if to say "Aren't you going to fill these feeders up???" Sorry little bird. I have to get to Fincham's Feed & Harness to pick up more food for you. I'll try get there tomorrow.
Coming back up the driveway, I generally look at the sign our oldest daughter created for us. She wood-burned it...even included "the lazy W" constellation (Cassiopeia for all you others). It looks like it needs to be refreshed. The burn marks have faded.

After walking Jade, I once again got busy on the secret project. You can tell when I get what I believe to be overly busy. My workspace starts to deteriorate with the detritus of the day: half cans of Bubly, a half-full mug of coffee, a part cup of steeped tea SW picked up for me. LOL...I wonder why I never seem to finish my beverages while working. Too funny!!
When Jade and I go for our afternoon walk, we invariably time it to be able to pick up the mail (usually delivered by around 3:30). Today, there was a parcel for a friend/former colleague. She is part of a group of teachers that I had the privilege to work with over 25 years ago. The lovely thing about this fabulous group of ladies....we still keep in tough as often as possible, and every Christmas (before COVID, that is) we would make a point of getting together for a Christmas lunch, complete with handmade Christmas crackers.
Anyway, Sue called to ask for my address as she had something she wanted to send. She had completed ALL her courses to become a Master Weaver, and wanted to make something for each of us now that she no longer needed to complete assignments. What she sent was the most beautiful, most sensuous tea towel I have ever seen/felt. I KNOW she will want us to use it, however it seems such a shame. It's so lovely!
As SW was working late tonight, I continued to sew until he came home...stopping only briefly for a bite to eat. It can get a little chilly downstairs at this time of year unless you keep the wood stove burning. My hair has gotten so long that it dawned on me today that, if I was not very careful when loading wood, I would either singe my hair, or get it caught in one of the 3 eco-fans we use to distribute the heat more efficiently. I guess I better keep my wits about me. It's not like a stitch-ripper would be helpful in this situation.
And on that note, with hair intact...at least for today, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN




2 comments:

  1. USE that tea towel. Do NOT save it for a special day because that day will never come. Or should I say that EVERY day is a special day!

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...