Monday 13 December 2021

Secret Stuff Happening

 My advent calendar package today had me stumped again. Rectangular....very thin.... very slightly raised circular area (about the size of a saucer). Care to take a guess yourself???

If you guessed a quilter's colour wheel tool, you're right. It even tells you how to use it on the back :)

I spent a good chunk of time today working on the "secret surprise", but I can't share pictures of that yet. Bet you can guess, though, that it's something to do with Christmas!!!  ;) I'll share pictures in the new year.

I also worked on basting the next pieces for my Tula Nova project. I have over half of them done now.


It's funny....I can't seem to just sit and watch TV at night. If I'm not working on some hand-stitching, I'm busy with something else....like colouring. Sometimes, I'm even playing a game on my iPad while watching TV. SW is actually shocked on the rare occasion that I just sit without doing something. On those occasions, he usually asks me is anything is wrong.

Speaking of colouring,...the last few nights I worked on colouring this large flower sticker (in one of my Indigo sticker colouring books....I have 6) for the cover of the coming year's journal calendar book. 


This is as close as I come to a bullet journal. I did try bullet journalling once, but could not seem to make it a habit. Creating a journal calendar book allows me to have what I want without the time commitment a bullet journal seemed to need from me. Inside, I divide the pages into sections for each week of the year. I'll add the dates once I'm done the templates.

Here's what a page/week looks like once I've completed it. The top part shows any appointments/work schedule information. Each of the bars down the pages allows me space to record my "3 things" each day (3 gratitudes or good things about the day). The last bar on the bottom right page, labeled GG, is for recording the things I "Gotta Get"....grocery items that I've used the last of and need to remember to add to my weekly shopping list.


I have made journal calendars for several years now, and I have saved them all. When I make my own journal calendar for the year, not only do I get it to be set up exactly the way I want, I am able to go back are read again the things that sparked joy in my life.

The fire is burning in the grate....CJRT's "Dinner Jazz" is playing through the TV's sound system...and I am ready to begin reading my next "Sweet Read".

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night :)

TTFN


2 comments:

  1. WOW -- do you take a sketch book and make your journal book? I love how personalized it is as so many of the books you buy just don't fit each person. Love IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, this is just a hardcover notebook from Walmart. I don't do a lot of shopping at Walmart, but I do buy these books there. They're the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...