Friday 17 December 2021

Hydro Woes :(

It's continued to be a windy day up here today. At this moment in time, we have been without hydro for 24+ hours now. And....at last check, we don't even have an estimated time of restoration yet. Thank goodness we had the wherewithal to install a back-up generator (one that turns itself on when the hydro goes out) when we purchased this place.


This morning's advent calendar was a small parcel with a raised area. When I shook it, it rattled, but I had no idea what it might be.

It turned out to be a scissor fob :)

I thought "Cool....A way to identify my scissors when at quilting group!" And then I read the back. It's also a way of identifying which of your scissors are for fabric/sewing only. Man! I could really have used one of these (or more) when my girls were young!!! How many pairs of my scissors were ruined by my girls using them on paper and cardboard :P

I spent a large part of today working on the secret project. And today, I decided to listen to Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela....a person I admire greatly. This audiobook will keep me busy for quite a while....24 hours, to be exact.

Today, we were supposed to be having an outdoor fire this afternoon with some of the neighbours....socially distanced, of course:) As such, I planned to have a stew put together in the crockpot...to enjoy when the fire time was over. However, the winds today made for unfavourable conditions for a fire. I still went with the stew, though, and it was very delightful. It was perfect for this blustery day.

SW is on his Advent Whiskey Calendar Zoom with his friend, and...it being Friday....I am thinking a glass of wine might be in order.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...