Tuesday 31 May 2022

With The PUs

 Is that still a "hip" term...the PUs (parental units)? In any case, that's where I am....AND, I managed to sort out data to be able to keep up with my blogging while I'm here. However, out of a desire not to be rude by heading to my sleeping accommodations too early, my blogging will be late while I'm here. The internet is a little slow when loading pictures, so I hope this works.

This morning, I got up at "ridiculous o'clock" for me (definitely not for Elaine). I was up just as the sun was coming up. Beautiful!....

Just like this little sign says:

Jade was very excited that I was up early enough to walk with her and Steve before leaving for my road trip to Brantford. It's been so hot in the daytime that we've taken to taking her special water bottle with us....even early in the morning when it's cool. I think she's very grateful!

When we got home, I snapped a few pictures of the garden. It's amazing how quickly things are growing....especially the potatoes. In the fenced area (deer/bunny detergent), we have radishes, lettuce, beans, and peas. We gave up on carrots as we've not had ANY luck producing anything of worth with them. I'm thinking the growing season is just too short for them. Around the outside of that is the potatoes.


In the one small box garden, we have garlic, zucchini, and cucumbers. Yes...those are metal headboards for the cucumber and zucchini to climb.


In the other small box bed, we have all the herbs and the cherry tomatoes. We've given up on the larger varieties of tomato as they often don't ripen in time.


When I got to Brantford, I was not yet done my driving duties. I took Mom out to run a bunch of errands. Tomorrow morning, she is having the first of her cataract surgeries, and I wanted to be sure she had enough "stuff" in the house to last a while being as I'm not sure when she'll be allowed to drive again. I'm also trying to do as much of this sort of stuff as I can when I am here as I am a little nervous about her driving her and Dad around....unless it's really close. Her 86 years are starting to show and she's getting a little confused/forgetful at times. She even commented on it today...which is a first.

When we got back and had put away groceries, I spent a bit of time looking through this book.


I believe I had previously mentioned that my oldest daughter, Tasha, and I were interested in stretching our artistic talents (she has WAY more than me) by doing a monthly art project....something on a shoestring budget. I was looking for inspiration when I looked through this book. I think I might have discovered a few possible options :)

And since I'm set to be here until Thursday, I decided to bring along some quilting to work on. It's not as nice a workspace as my own little Hobbit Hole, but it will do nicely! I've got Mom's ironing board in front of the workbench, the cutting station set up on the freezer, and my sewing machine set up on one of my folding tables. All set!


My alarm is set for 7:00 tomorrow morning....so that I have a bit of time for a coffee before heading out with Mom. I'm thinking I should probably think about getting some sleep now.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...