Saturday 1 January 2022

What's Next?

 I really enjoyed have a neat and tidy sewing area to go to today. Now I need to consider what's next. There are definitely areas of the room that need attention. For example, the space next to my "bits" drawers.


And the corner between the end of my work table and the printer.


I am SURE there are many things I could purge! It would certainly make things easier than moving it every time the kids come up and we need the Murphy bed :P

And then there's the baskets on my sewing desk that need to be dealt with. The basket with selvages is easy enough to take care of, but the basket with the bits of fabric that are "too good to throw away" need to be cut into usable pieces (1", 2", 2-1/2", 3",...) and then sorted by colour into the "bits" drawers (from the earlier picture).


Another thing I need to work on is a more permanent solution to raising my chair a bit :P



Today I made very good progress on the secret project. Everything has be quilted and trimmed, and almost all of the binding has been prepared. I am determined to "put this project to bed" tomorrow.

I also finished hand-stitching the binding on my niece's quilt...something I worked on while watching TV. 


When I used the Furminator on Jade today, it looked like something had been killed in the driveway...less the blood. I do hope she stops al this shedding soon...or I might have to actually put a coat on her when we go out.


The last thing I'd like to share with you tonight is something a friend "shared" on Facebook. 

So...let me know if you need some batteries :D I'll be happy to help if I can!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...