Tuesday 7 June 2022

Oh Canada...Oh My!!!

It was a VERY long day on the road today. Early this morning...about 8:30...I left Guelph and headed to Brantford. I needed to take my mother to a couple of appointments (the denturist and the eye surgeon), to get the tires on their van torqued (they'd been changed out recently), and to pick up a few grocery items to hold them until my return next week. Following that, I needed to pick up an item my daughter left behind at a business in Cambridge yesterday, and drop it off to her in Guelph. And then, I was on the road back home to Echo In The North.

As I approached the end of my journey on Highway 11, I felt that I needed to capture how the mists were circling around the hills. On some of the hills, the mists swirled around looking rather like a scarf. So cool!!!


When I arrived home, as well as my Mister popping out to welcome me home, I was happily greeted by Lady Jade and her Bestie 😀


I also found that a parcel had arrived while I was away. What??? I don't recall ordering anything recently! Hmmm! The box says it's from Northcott. I know I didn't order anything from Northcott.


It turns out, as a participant in the Quilts Of Valour, I'd won a prize from Northcott. Cool! The box contained a 3-pack of Aurifil thread...


...an Olfa cutter...


...and 9 x 1m each, plus a panel, of "Oh Canada" fabrics. Wow! What an amazing prize!!! I'm going to have to consider making another "Quilts Of Valour" quilt to donate 😁

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that wonderful prize package !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! It really is a "wonderful prize package"! I was surprised at how much was included :)

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...