Tuesday 25 January 2022

Zipping Along

Before I begin, I have to confess....I took very few pictures today :(

Today was another day spent on the road. "Elder", as our youngest daughter calls our 14-year old KIA Spectra, needed to go in to KIA Bracebridge and get a head gasket replaced. We took both vehicles so that we could drop off Elder and head on to Orillia. As we were on the road, we received a call from KIA. It seems that the spark plug wires were quite brittle, and they recommended replacing them as well....while they had things apart. We do need to keep this car on the road so, yes...go ahead. To be honest, this car has faired VERY well in its life. She still has the original muffler!!!...although the rest of the exhaust pipes needed to be replaced this past  Fall.

While in Orillia, we did the usual Costco run. We also picked up my lesser sewing machine, which was in for cleaning/servicing at Thimbles & Things, and the material I needed to finish the pillow covers I was making for my friend on the loop. I also picked up the backing for the "100 Modern Quilt Blocks" quilt I've been working on finishing.

Once back home, I got the second pillow cover done. They are now both done and ready to be delivered :)


I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Finishing this project emptied a bin for me.....which is good because I needed one for the up-coming "Free-Motion Quilting" class that will be beginning early in February. Since the bin was empty, I decided to go ahead and prep the layered patches, even though I won't need them for a couple of weeks yet.


They are now in the bin along with the cranberry thread I plan to use as I learn how to do free-motion quilting. I still have a few articles to read before the class, and I need to get a clipboard before then, but otherwise...I am ready.

When I went to cross of "Homework" tasks, I was very pleased to see that I am almost done all the January homework.


In fact, I'm well on my way with the February tasks that have been assigned so far, too! So awesome! It'll allow me to get more work done on some of the UFO's that have been hanging over my head.


It's time for Jeopardy now. Boy....I'm VERY impressed with Amy! She's doing amazingly well :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...