Wednesday 5 January 2022

Sew Excited!!!

 I have found that some days, you have something to say/share, and some days you don't. And that's okay!

Yesterday, I did not have much of excitement to share....other than the laundry build-up. Some time ago I share that, as much as I wish it were so, I am definitely NOT perfect! In particular, I alluded to the amount of laundry I needed to put away. Here are  photos of what I meant.



It was starting to be like dumpster-diving just to find a pair of matching socks. I've had enough of that!!! Time to take care of the issue. Less than an hour later...



I have been continuing to work on the Tula Nova project...
...But the REALLY exciting news....at least for me....is that I purchased a new sewing machine!


While I had been thinking of the idea for a future investment, I had not thought it would happen so quickly. I chatted with SW about the possibility in the future, and he said "Do it! You do so much sewing! It is far more justifiable than a new dining room table." (something else I'd like to eventually acquire), and so...it came to pass. While I have an understanding of the basic options of this lovely machine, there is much that I will need to learn. Still....I couldn't wait to "dive in"! With that in mind, I made my first block on my new machine...one for the Wanderer's Wife class I am a part of.


I am certain I will have MANY more hours of enjoyment with this new purchase! :)

After making that block, SW and I headed out for Lady Jade's afternoon stroll. Coming around the latter part of the loop, we discovered that some of the kids on the loop had not only made a snowman with the newly fallen packing snow, they had made him/her a "forest" of branches in which to reside :)


Following that, we found that my order of Tula Pink fabrics for the Butterfly pattern had arrived in the mail :)


I am excited for this class to begin!

But tonight....I am tired :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...