Sunday 30 January 2022

Sunday Is Super

 Today's "Myiwanna Day" was ALL about quilting :)

Today was the first day of Elaine's "Out Of The Box" class.


Our challenge for this month is to use "Log Cabin" to create a block in our favourite colour. For me, my favourite colour is purple. In watching the slide presentation for the class, I got excited by this challenge. I wanted to think of a way to create a wonky log cabin. I figured that the easiest way to accomplish it...X4...would be to create a paper piecing pattern....which I did during today's Quilting Retreat Zoom session.

Once I got started, I couldn't seem to stop. What I love about this class is that the projects are going to be small, making them easy to complete in a relatively short time. I made the 4 identical blocks, and then I rotated the wonky square (#1) to become the centre. I sewed the blocks together....twirling the centre, of course.... was very happy with end result. Next, I layered and quilted the block with straight lines 1" apart, and then added the binding. I'm not sure what I will do with it, but I like it :)


By the time I finished, it was about 5:30 and time to start thinking of dinner so I said goodbye to my fellow quilters and headed up to get prep under way. Supper...brisket, beans, and roasted potatoes...ended up being rather late (8:00ish), but it was well worth the wait. The Instant Pot is definitely the best way to cook the brisket. So tender!!!


After supper, I decided to act on a blog post I read that had come to my mailbox. Patti (pattispatchwork-blog.com), who is somehow affiliated with Northcott Fabrics, is going to be offering a sew-along called "With Glowing Hearts" using the Oh Canada 10th Anniversary Collection. The quilts that are made are donated to Quilts Of Valour, which are then distributed to veterans. I LOVE this idea! So....I signed up, and ordered the pattern and quilt kit. I chose the left quilt kit, with the maple leaf panel in the centre. The first class isn't until March 7. I can hardly wait!!!!


It's getting late now, and is time to unwind for the evening.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...