Monday 31 January 2022

Snowshoe Adventure

 The day began as usual...with coffee. And I used that time to take care of today's tasks...watering plants, paying bills, doing banking, updating records...


This afternoon, I was invited to go snowshoeing on a local trail. I have not used these new snowshoes yet. In fact, I don't remember the last time I actually snowshoed. It was definitely pre-new knees! It might have actually been as much as 30ish years ago :0

I grabbed my things and headed across the road to the neighbour's place. We loaded the car, and headed out.


This is my "ride" partner, Kaiser :)


Kaiser was rescued by my neighbours. He was supposed to be euthanized for being an aggressive dog. He's about the most chill puppy (because he is still young) I have ever met. He is not at all aggressive that I've seen. How sad that he could have been put down :(

We arrived at the trail, put on our snowshoes, and headed out for a lovely 5km walk :)


When I got back home, I spent some time on my iPad. Facebook put this memory on my Home page. It's been exactly 2 years since the quilting cabinet project began. The shelf brackets needed to be altered because I made a mistake....not a big one, but an annoying one nonetheless. Kinda neat to see that picture come up! The second coat of paint went onto the backside of the door today. This project is almost done now. The scariest (for me) part is coming up....installing the European hinges. Hope I don't make a mistake or I'll be starting all over again :P


The next thing I did was check out the free issue of Quilter's World that came to my mailbox. That led me down the rabbit hole to other magazines, and I found this in A Needle Pulling Thread. The right image is a table runner created by my teacher and friend, Elaine Theriault (crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com), and the left image is from a new quilter I met through the Zoom Quilting Retreat.

The quilters were challenge to choose a word...something significant for these COVID times...and create a quilt project with that word. Peter chose Family (because his family has been so important to him) and Friend (in Braille....because his friends are also important; and...he wanted his blind friend to be able to feel it when visiting). At the end of Peter's description, he encourages us "to make a word quilt with a word that has meaning for (us)." I'm feeling like I just might have to take up this challenge sometime. I think my word would be Believe.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...