Thursday 20 January 2022

Another Once Bites The Dust!

 Another cold day in the neighbourhood :(  I know it's winter, but the number of days that have had "feels like -uncomfortable" temperatures has been unbelievable this January. With it feeling like -34C this morning, a leisurely coffee looked really appealing. I decided to spend some time getting more familiar with my new sewing machine.


I loved my very basic Janome 625 Sewist, but this new machine....it is so sweet!!! More on that another time, though :)

We needed to get into town today to pick up prescriptions and some groceries. While we were in town, we decided to stop at the jewelry store in the mall so that Steve could get his wedding band sized up. I knew that the Coles Crew would be in packing up the store (Indigo decided to close the Huntsville Coles store), so I decided that I would venture to that end of the mall. It was SO nice to see the girls again! I had to laugh, though, when they brought out my "shelf talker" and asked if I wanted it for posterity. Of course!!!!


Actually, this might become a recurring feature...hahaha! :D

When we came home from town, there was a parcel laying by the back door. Oh yay! It's the pattern I ordered from the Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe. In February, I have 2 sessions of free-motion quilting with Elaine (booked through Thimbles & Things), and I know myself. If I don't continue to practice free-motion quilting, I will never become comfortable with it. I happened to notice that Elaine was going to be teaching a bi-monthly class, complete with opportunities for free-motion quilting, using table runners...so, small projects every 2 months. I can do that!


We put away what we had brought home....except for the toy we picked up for Her Ladyship. Although she doesn't get one too often, Jade LOVES getting a squeaky-toy to tear apart. And she does exactly that. If it makes a squeak, she goes at it with a single-mindedness that defies believing without seeing! She almost becomes manic! She had this one dismantled in about 15 minutes....which is why she doesn't get them too often. I should have taken pictures of the "murder site" before cleaning it up. It used to be a tug toy with a squeaker ball in the centre section.


I decided to do a bit of work on 100 Modern Quilt Blocks this afternoon...getting the black borders on the remainder of the blocks I hadn't done, but my heart wasn't really into sewing today for whatever reason, so I didn't get very far :(  Maybe tomorrow!



Jeopardy is coming on soon, and I'm getting a little hungry. It's "get whatever" night tonight. I saw some pizza buns from the other night :P

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...