Sunday 23 January 2022

Lake Walk

 This morning, SW and I headed out together to walk Her Ladyship. We decided that today, we would walk ON the lake. Always lovely when things have frozen enough to know this is safe.


Jade absolutely LOVES walking on the lake because she gets to go leash-free. She becomes like a puppy, running to-and-fro.


She'll head out and do a bunch of sniffing, and then run back to us :)


Once we got back to the house, SW got the snowblower busy (he does our driveway and our neighbour's driveway), while I headed in to take care of some things inside. We've had so much snow lately that it's getting harder for Jade to take care of business out in the bush. I looked out the window and one point....when I heard the snowblower where I didn't expect to hear the snowblower....and I saw this.


Jade's man was busy blowing a loop-path in the bush to make things a little easier for her. He's such a good man!

Of course, Jade was very appreciative when I sent her out to investigate.


Small note about that cabinet door we were trying to "unbend"....it didn't work. You need to be able to wet the wood and bake it in the sun to reverse a warp. While we have had sunny days, the temperature has been such that "baking" was NOT going to happen. So...we bought another piece of plywood (the ladies would like the cabinet sooner rather than later), and cut another door. Hopefully sometime tomorrow, I will be working on getting laminate on the edges and trim on the front. Then it will need to be painted with primer to seal the wood.


For sewing today, I decided to set aside my work on the 100 Modern Quilt Blocks quilt and get busy on the homework for the Barn Trail class. The instructions during the Zoom were a little complex and I wanted to get it done while it was still fresh in my mind. This is block #5 of the 12.


I downloaded and printed the pattern, got all the fabric pieces cut, and began to sew. This piece was the one that I was most worried about forgetting how to make, especially with the odd lines to mark and the cut to make.


With all the components of the block made....


...it was time to assemble the block.


Although I followed the pressing instructions on the pattern, I did not like how MANY of the interesting seams did not nest. That makes it very difficult to have the points come properly and neatly together. It also made for some REALLY thick areas where too many layers of fabric were ironed over each other. This wasn't so much an issue on previous blocks in the series, but it was a problem today :(  Even so, the end result was pretty good. The block is done, and I'm leaving it at that. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me when it needs to be quilted. Fingers crossed!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...