Monday 3 January 2022

LOL...Let's Try That Again!

Yesterday I titled the post "UFO Of A Different Sort", and then totally forgot to talk about it! Just before COVID 19 hit two years ago, I offered to build a cabinet for the quilting group I was going to in Aspdin. They had been shopping around, and couldn't find anything that would be just the right size for the space it was going in. I am not a carpenter, but I did feel that SW and I had done enough "building" projects to be able to take this on. We got the cabinet part made...complete with removable shelves.


And then COVID hit, we were locked down, and the cabinet sat there without the door on it. When we pulled the door out of the garage, we discovered that it had warped! We laid it out on the floor, and put weights on it to see of we could get the warp out of it.


We checked it yesterday, and it looks like we might now be able to move forward on completing this project. Another UFO to get off the list! :)

However....that did not happen today as I was STILL busy with the "secret project". I can actually show you now as the receivers of this secret either A) already know about the project OR B) are not readers of this blog. So...here's what I've been so busy on:

Placemats! Sixty-two of them, to be exact (I was originally going to make 70 but adjusted my numbers).  I know I'm late for Christmas, but SW and I have a saying: "I'll be perfect tomorrow!" Since tomorrow never comes (it becomes today), I think I'm safe :)

Although SW thinks I'm crazy for doing this to myself, he still brought me a mug of hot tea this afternoon while I was working :) Now that they're done, I need to get them into the mail!!!

As I was sewing, my mind toyed with a suggestion Elaine made based on the photos she received of my clean sewing area. 
She said "I would be tempted to move the machine slightly to the right (if possible) so that you have more room on the left of the sewing machine, as that is where the action happens." What she couldn't see from the photo is that I have a small ironing table set up to the right.


However, her suggestion made sense! But....I still wanted my little sewing table handy beside me. Hmmm! How to have my proverbial cake and eat it too??? Well...I turned the table sideways and tucked it in between (somewhat) the desk and the shelf.


And that allowed me to move my sewing machine over about 6". Yay! It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing. Win, win!!!


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...