Wednesday 19 January 2022

Friends Are So Important :)

I have really been enjoying Wednesday's again. Before COVID, Wednesday's were a quilting day at the Aspdin Hall with, generally, about a dozen of us working on our projects, chatting, and enjoying whatever treats had been set out. With COVID, however, that came to a grinding halt. So, my neighbour, Lyn...also one of the Aspdin group...and I decided to resurrect Wednesday quilting by sewing with each other. We take it in turn to sew at each other's house. Today, Lyn came over here. I am so grateful...and lucky...to have her as a friend :)

Although it's not a big room, we fit very nicely in the space. The new arrangement works VERY well.


When Lyn comes over, she brings Jade's best friend....her French Bulldog, Molly. My goodness, she's adorable!


Today, Lyn was working on blocks that she plans to turn into armrest protectors for her couches. These blocks are really attractive! I love her colour/fabric choices. She does love chickadees! :)


While she worked on her project, I worked on the nine "Courthouse Steps" blocks I needed to complete as homework for my Long Time Gone quilt class. I don't necessarily like how all of my previous blocks turned out, but I do like these ones.



After Lyn headed home, I decided to cut the strips I was going to need for the background of the Wanderer's Wife.


After that, I decided to call it quits. If any of you have done this quilt, you'll know that the background is a little complicated and needs to have a clear head...not a tired brain....to start putting it together.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...