Saturday 29 January 2022

This & That

Today was definitely a day of a bit o' this, a bit o' that! But first, a bit about last night. Jade loves it when himself puts the leather fire gloves on and entices her into a "wrastle".


The flash reflecting in her eye really makes her look evil!  :O

As this was going on, I was working on adding the skinny diamonds to the fat stars. By the end of the evening, I had finished 2 and gotten started on the third.


On to today....

I decided to keep moving forward with work on the cabinet door, First, it needed to be "filled" with paintable latex caulking. This is what it looked like before the caulking. Notice the gap between the trim I attached and the door face.


And this is what it looked like after the caulking.


The caulking fills all the seams and gaps beautifully, making for a more finished looking end result when everything is painted. The caulking I like best....especially if it is a smaller job...is this one.


 When you cut the tip on an angle, it is so easy to do a run with very little waste. You can also squeeze bits out on your finger to fill nail holes. The next task was to paint the front and back with primer. We really like Zinser B-I-N. Out of all the primers out there, we have found this is the best one for coverage and for avoiding bleed. It also only takes 30 minutes to dry...but it is a bit stinky because of what is added to speed up the drying. 

Once that was done and had time to dry, it was time to put on the first coat of paint. I only got the edges and the front of the door done. Paint requires longer to dry, so I will leave it at that for today.


I spent some time this afternoon working on my UFO homework....machine quilting the sampler I made when I first began learning to quilt. This photo only shows the backing. I'll post a picture of the front once I finish the homework. I managed to get all the sashing "stitched in the ditch". Next I'll be working on machine quilting each of the 12 blocks.

This evening, before Steve got home, I popped in the the Zoom Quilt Retreat. It was very lovely to see the ladies and listen to the conversations. It's moments like this that make me realize how much I miss contact with others. Even more important is that these are people of like-interests. I did cut out, however, once SW got home from work. I would have felt guilty NOT spending time with him this evening since we hadn't spent time together yet today. I think it's time for some hand-stitching and TV now.

And on that note,....I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...