Friday 21 January 2022

The Purge Continues

 Oh my goodness...just when you think it couldn't possibly get any colder :O


And, apparently we don't have it the worst...


So today, before getting busy with any sewing, I decided to tackle another "dump zone" by dealing with this set of shelving.

I went through all the boxes, a couple of which are photos and memorabilia from SW's family history, and I sorted through all the yarns (to the right) to decide what I would actually likely use. The two boxes that say "not Brianne's" did indeed have the memorabilia that I had saved....from my teaching career, a very close friend, and from SW's mother, whom I loved. I pulled them out and arranged them on the shelf where they once held space...pre Brianne living with us.


It was interesting to note that I could remember the names of each person that was attached to each item. Of particular importance was the china apple on the bottom shelf. It was gifted to me by a student who was very challenging....and totally holds a space in my heart. His mother, who did not have much in the way of spare funds, had saved up and made payments over the course of the second year that Preston was with me. I confess....I cried when I received it. I has a part of my favourite saying: "In a hundred years from now, it will not matter what my back account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child." There could not be a better tribute!!!

Once I finished the purge, the results were great! Sooooo much better!  :D


For today's sewing, I decided to continue to work on getting the frames onto the "100 Modern Quilt Blocks" blocks. I didn't get all of them done, but I do have more than half of them done :)



The option I chose to do was called Grid Lock...where the colours move from red in the top left corner down through the rainbow to purple in the bottom right corner. And then I decided to step it up and do the Trellis option for the sashing. Even though I didn't get them all the blocks done, I was eager to see what they would look like once I started adding the sashing, so I did the calculations, and put the sashing between the first two blocks. I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like :)


Tonight's supper was a bit of comfort food on a chilly day....pasta with meat sauce.



Easy but so yummy!

I am a few minutes late for a Zoom with friends from Guelph (himself is already on)...

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...