Monday 10 January 2022

Hasta La Vista, Tree

It's always so lovely when the Christmas tree comes out each year. We can't use live due to himself's allergies, but I don't mind that so much. Even though I'm not crazy with the process of decorating for Christmas, I do love the ambiance created by a decorated and lit tree. I'm also not crazy with the "take down" after Christmas each year. But, with our family celebration over, it was time to get the living room back to it's normal (less crowded) state.

I forgot to mention yesterday that my youngest daughter, an animator with Mercury Studios in Ottawa and graduate from Humber's Digital Animation program took an anatomy drawing course with children's book author, Werner Zimmermann. She knows that I very much like his books, especially "Snow Day". When I was a teacher (before retirement and pre quilting), I would make a point of reading this book to my kids on a day before a potential snow day. Knowing that I loved this book as a teacher, my daughter purchased and copy and had Werner sign it for me. I will have to video-read this to Finn when she's old enough to be in school and sits on the cusp of a potential snow day :)



Even though I'd dearly like to get out walking for the Conqueror Challenge, my progress has been stymied...and not just by the seriously cold temperatures!!! We'll be at -30C tomorrow morning (feels like -35C). I have somehow managed to turn my right ankle, and it's giving me some grief when walking. Going down stairs is especially problematic. Even so, I have managed to complete almost 65km in 14 days, so I'm still on target for 2022.


The strange thing with my ankle is I don't remember doing anything significant to it. The only thing I can recall is twisting it a bit several days ago while trying to find the geocache that is at the dead end of our dirt road :( It was difficult, uneven terrain. To top it off....I was not able to find the cache! A number of trees have been felled, and that, coupled with the snow and the ravine-like terrain, made it impossible to get right to the cache. This is going to be another one to revisit in the spring.


Since doing anything Conqueror Challenge related or geocaching related wasn't in the cards today, I got to work on my next Barn Block. This one is called "Mother's Choice".



I feel like today was really productive because I also watered plants, did banking/paid bills, and updated records. I've also gotten most of the remaining pieces basted...and there were a LOT of them....for Tula Nova, which I am now going to get back to while watching a show before bed.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...