Sunday 9 January 2022

Mass Exodus...

My apologies for my absence. It's been a crazy few days!!!

As well as purchasing my new sewing machine on Wednesday, I purchased a Christmas gift for Baby Finn (chosen-family member up for Christmas this weekend), which she dutifully tried to help her Dada assemble...



...as well as a booster/highchair seat for feeding.


I have to say, I really do love my girls (biological and chosen)...




Lol...even when they have "Don't bug me...I'm a tired Mumma" bedhead :P

That tired Mumma had a little surprise coming her way though!

She said YES! :D

My son-out-law (they're not married, so it isn't in-law), partner to my youngest daughter, is quite interested in photography and loves birds. Jade just wants to get at the red squirrel that is taunting her.

Of course, no matter how many times we tell them they don't need to leave something behind to be invited back, someone always does forget something!

I ALWAYS find the mass exodus challenging emotionally...way too quiet and, did I say, I love my kids...so I need to keep busy. I began work on the crapload of laundry, remade the Murphy bed, and set about putting my sewing room back together. While the one section at the end of the Murphy bed is not cleaned up (it didn't need to get removed from the room), the area/corner in front of the Murphy bed did.

And...while there are things that have not made it back into the room yet, I've committed to NOT bringing anything else back until I go through it. Nothing will come back that I don't wish/need to keep. :)
As per usual, Jade is usually exhausted from all the activity and noise, and sleeps the sleep of the dead when things get quiet/normal.

She was SO out of it, she didn't even crack an eye when I got up from my sewing machine to trim squares or cut more fabric. I was working on the square-in-a-square blocks for The Wanderer's Wife...which I got done. Yay! December homework done in time. 

Need to get onto Barn Block homework next. However, like Jade, I too am tired. I can hear my bed and my book calling :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...