Saturday 15 January 2022

Sortin' It Out

Oh boy...another very cold day!


 The warmest it's supposed to get today is "feels like" -23C. A good day to have three Zoom quilting classes... all of them with Elaine :) During the first class, I decided to continue working on getting my space in control again by getting my selvages basket empty and put away in the bin I have just for selvages.

I then decided to work on my scrap basket. Originally, I had planned on pre-cutting my scraps into 1-1/2", 2-1/2", and 3-1/2" squares, and then sort them into colour-sorted squares into a cart I have. After having spoken to Elaine and the other ladies on the call, I revised my plan. Their advice made sense...not to precut the scraps so that I could cut them to what I might need for a given project. Sooooo much easier than what I originally planned. This way, I just had to sort them by colour and put them into the drawers.


After two of the Zoom classes, I had both my selvages and my scraps baskets emptied, sorted, and put away :)


After my classes, it was time for a road trip...to continue getting my sewing room in shape. These two shelf units are part of the next step. I'll be putting them together tomorrow.


And with a not inexpensive new sewing machine, I thought a surge protector plug might be a good idea.



Of course, a trip to North Bay wouldn't be complete without picking up some Chinese food from Loi's Family Restaurant. So good!! :P


The drive home made it really obvious that the days ARE, in fact, getting longer. I was almost 6:00 and there was still a bit of lightness to the sky.


But it's time to post, so....

On that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...