Thursday 13 January 2022

Road Trip!!!

As I mentioned yesterday, today was all about hitting the road. We headed down to Orillia to drop of my older Janome for servicing at one of my favourite stores...Thimbles & Things. While there, I took advantage of the January option on her discount card and bought 4 fat quarters, receiving 1 free.


I purchased these with the idea of augmenting the other fat quarters I have in blue-green for the Wanderer's Wife.

While there, I also picked up the pre-ordered pattern for Tula Pink's Butterfly, a class that is about to begin with Elaine Theriault. I am very excited about it. I think it might lead to creating a dragonfly version of the pattern at some point :)


I also treated myself to a side-winder, for winding bobbins without using the sewing machine.


A long day of driving is always a good opportunity to do something with your hands, like knitting or sewing...providing you aren't the one driving. I managed to get several of the "fat stars" done for the Tula Nova project. I only have 2 left to do :). Then it'll be on to the rest of the "pointy stars".


Once we got back into Huntsville, we pick up some groceries, and then headed for our booster shot.


We've been watching Jeopardy...a show we generally watch each evening. Himself wanted me to let you know that he answered 2 in a row tonight. That was definitely tongue-in-cheek. He usually answers quite a few....correctly, I might add...lol. We have really been enjoying following Amy Schneider, who tonight tied with James Holzhauer for consecutive games won. She is impressive!


Tonight, as himself got up to let the dog out, I had to smile at his T-shirt....one I won for him from the local radio station. Truth!...the win and the message :)


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...