Tuesday 11 January 2022

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!



 You know....without stepping out or checking TWN...it's cold outside when the furnace is coming on (in short intervals, I might add) and you have the basement wood stove and the main floor fireplace going. Normally, when both of those are going, the furnace rarely comes on :O


It was SO cold that, at one point, the deck outside of the living room popped SO loudly that Jade, who was snoozing in her chair, put her head up and gave me a look that said "What was that, Mumma? Are we safe???"

With it being so cold, I decided that I would give Jade a treat (too cold for her pads and she WON'T let us put booties on), indulge in a second cup of coffee, and work on basting my last Tula Nova pieces.

All done!!! :D


After finishing these pieces, I decided that I needed to move forward on my idea/plan for dealing with all the scraps that were piling up. That meant a trip into town, and a shower was needed. My adopted daughter, Abbie...our "chosen" daughter.... likes to write messages on our mirror when they are steamed up after her shower. The message reveals itself each time we shower :)

The feeling is mutual!!!

In town, as well as picking up some needed grocery items, I picked up these containers.


Three of these containers fit very nicely into the colourful drawer tower my youngest grabbed for me at Micheal's....one each for 1-1/2", 2-1/2", and 3-1/2" scrap squares...with space left over for charm squares or strips. I also have the drawers labelled for the various colours of fabric.


My only concern is what to do with all these lids that are not needed. Any ideas out there???


Hopefully, this method of sorting will work for me. If not....it'll be back to the drawing board :) I got started with a bunch of mini charms that I had. I didn't "overthink" it, sorting the pieces by colour.


Can you believe that I am ALL caught up with homework for current quilting classes?!?!?! After sorting those mini charms, I decided to get to work on a promised project. I had promised a friend on our loop that I would make her some pillow covers...part of my payment for some stained glass glass she gifted me (she wanted something from my craft). The pillow pattern she chose is one of Edita Sitar's patterns called Lucky Charm.

It's a paper-pieced block. She wanted something for winter. These are the fabrics she liked.


I needed to copy and tape the pattern (times 8; four sections each for 2 pillows).


I was worried if I would have enough fabric for the first section, so I got the first section ready.



Fortunately, I was able to discern that if I didn't cut the fabric as suggested by the instructions, and cut each one individually as I went, I would be able to strategically place and cut sections in order to have enough fabric :)

After figuring this out, I decided that it was time to head upstairs to get supper plans into place (SW had informed me by text that he was on his way home). I was very happy to note that it was 5:20 and the sky was not yet totally dark. Yay! The days are definitely getting longer!!!


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...