Tuesday 18 January 2022

Pillow Talk

 Amazing what a difference a good night's sleep can do. As well as today's sewing, I got bills, banking, updating of records, AND the main floor of the house cleaned...that part with the help of himself :)

When I did get to sewing, I worked on the pillow covers. I got one together, and...


...I had sewn the front and back together with the zipper flap oriented in the wrong direction :( That required my "quilter's best friend" (not!), which Elaine calls "Jack the ripper". Once I got things apart, and sewn back together again, I had the first cover completed... :)


...with the flap properly covering the zipper.


Having calculated my fabric based on 18" pillow, not 20" pillows, I do not have enough of the blue, so the second cover will have to wait until I can get more of that fabric. That being the case, I decided to work on the homework for Long Time Gone, a scrappy Jen Kingwell quilt pattern. Here is the "Jacob's Ladder" block...

I managed to get all the fabric cut for the nine "Courthouse Steps" blocks cut, and got started sewing them, but didn't get them done before it was time to get busy getting supper ready.

There is nothing quite so enticing as the smell of toasted almonds...unless it's eating them in a salad :) I love them so much...even with yogurt and fruit sometimes...that I don't make them as needed. I make a big batch and store them, using them as desired.


We enjoyed a supper of pizza buns and one of my favourite salads...napa cabbage salad, and now it's time for Jeopardy.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...