Wednesday 26 January 2022

Wednesday With My Ladies :)

It was another really cold morning here today, but that didn't stop me from getting together with my neighbour, Lyn, for our Wednesday sewing sessions....and to bring our furry girls together. 


It's such a lovely way for all of us to spend some companionable time together :D Of course, not only did I take up space on the table, but I spread myself across one of her sections of counter space.


Today, I was continuing to work on joining the sashing to the blocks for the 100 Modern Quilt Blocks quilt. I managed to get 4 rows done now....almost half way now!


When I got home, SW had the wood stove AND the fireplace going. It was soooo cozy. I decided to park it on the couch for a while to read. It wasn't too long before I was actually snorking myself out of a doze, so I just curled up and had a lovely nap.

Once I got up, I decided to get a bunch of things ready for the mail....including the next Sweet Reads box for my friend, Mary (whom I call Maalt, and my girls call Aunt Maalt...even though she's not their aunt). Normally, we recycle/resend in the same box, but because of what I was sending this time, I needed a larger box than I've used in the past. The only box I could find that was large enough was in my sewing room....which meant I needed to empty it. I now have another pile of scraps that I will need to deal with tomorrow.


I also have quite the pile of "mail" that I need to get to the post office tomorrow :O


Each evening, I often work on hand stitching while watching some TV. Last night was no exception. I was able to finish putting together all the fat and skinny stars for my Tula Nova. Now I'm ready to attach the skinny diamonds to the fat stars.


And on that note....I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...