Sunday 16 January 2022

Transformation Complete :)

Today was a very busy day....for "Myiwanna Day" (Sundays - a day when I do only what I want to do), but it was all stuff I did want to do. I began the day by throwing in some laundry before attending my Zoom "UFO Class" hosted by Elaine. More info tomorrow on my choices for next month's UFO projects.

After the Zoom class was over, I got to work assembling the shelf units I purchased yesterday.


I set them far enough apart that I could store some project bins between them, and then put a piece of plywood on top. I plan to pad and cover the board to become an ironing area.


My next task would be to sort through all the arts/crafts/printer stuff/wrapping stuff that was being stored in the no-longer-in-my-sewing-space-AND-repurposed cabinets. But first....some lunch!


After lunch, I started sorting through the boxes and baskets under the table before sorting through the piles and bins on the couch. My plan was to be ruthless, saving only what I knew I would use. I made three piles (one-keep; two-keep if I have space;three-offer to the girls/donate), and had another basket for garbage. I was determined to at least get that much done so that SW could set up his workout space again. Anything that was being kept (or hopefully being kept) made its way into my room.



Anything for the girls to pick over was boxed up. Any of that they don't want will be donated.


Once I finished that, all that was left in the recroom/workout area was the Christmas wrap/gift bags/ribbons, etc. I haven't decided yet where to put that...if I keep it at all. I do have an idea or two, but that would required digging into an as yet not tidied area of the sewing room...the cubbies under the cutting table. Hmmm! Maybe in a few days :P


By this time, I was really starting to feel tired. Maybe a breath of fresh air?!? "Jade....Let's go out for a minute." When outside, we saw this right out in front of our place.


Apparently, they'd caught a couple of pike. Sadly, I would not be having fish for dinner...they had tossed them back :(

Tired though I was, the bracing air had refreshed my enough to decide to keep going. I dealt with all the arts and crafts, found a home for everything else that was stacked here and there, and voila....the transformation was complete.





I even managed to keep the space under the table open....it had gotten filled with bins of current projects and other things...as it is a den-like space that Jade had enjoyed laying in. I think she liked it because she wasn't having to move out of my way all the time or face being accidentally stepped on.

Feeling very pleased with my day, it was time to take Jade for her afternoon walk. We saw this on the road....A frost quake had split the layer on top of the road (and maybe the road itself). You know it's cold when....


Tonight, however, I am toasting my toes by the fire with Big Band playing on the radio :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night! Keep your toes warm ;)

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...