Tuesday 1 February 2022

It's Just A Number

Today just happens to be my birthday :) When my mother called today, she commented that I am 61, and I was born in 61. Some people believe that would make this year my best year. That would be lovely....but I truly have very few complaints for my previous years here on Earth. I cannot believe, however, that I am 61!!! I certainly don't feel that age mentally...although my body does sometimes betray me :D To me, it's really just a number.

To mark the day, SW and I usually go to North Bay to pick up Chinese food from Loi's Family Restaurant (SOOOO good!!!), but we've already had it twice in the last month so decided to change things up today. After our leisurely coffee this morning, and Jade's walk, we cleaned up and headed into town to enjoy brunch at one of the local restaurants. Also while in town, we ran a couple of errands. First, I went to Staples to pick up the clipboard I apparently will be needing for the Free Motion Quilting class I will be starting on the weekend. I also grabbed some large-scale grid paper....for planning some quilt blocks should the moment move me.


While I was in Staples, SW went into the LCBO to pick up a couple bottles of wine (one red, one white) for the weekend. We then went to the grocery store to pick up a few things on our list. While I was standing at the counter, I threw caution to the wind and purchased some lottery tickets....a rare indulgence. The scratch tickets amounted to nothing...except a bit of fun, but who knows about the other two. Have to wait for the draws for them :)


Unbeknownst to me, while in the LCBO himself picked up a small bottle of already mixed Old Fashioned whiskey. My birthday afternoon was graced with a fire, playing a silly game on my iPad, reading from a good book, and enjoying a short Old Fashioned (another very rare indulgence)....followed by a bit of napping (not so rare these days).


Then, this evening just before dinner, the neighbours I had snowshoed with yesterday asked if they could pop by for a moment as they had something to drop off to me. They delivered this lovely bottle of red wine. They are so sweet!

Truly, it was a lovely day with lots of good wishes peppered throughout the day :D Now I think there may be a glass of wine in my future :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...