Tuesday 1 March 2022

Friends Are So Important

 It was another very busy day today. Walked the dog, loaded wood, cleaned the basement (wood is so messy....even though the fires are nice), picked up groceries...

I didn't really think of it until I looked at my photos, but the rest of the day turned out to be about friends. And as we all know, friends are so important.

One of my friends in Guelph, who lives alone, has been pretty much in seclusion for the whole of the COVID (et. al.) virus period. She is the primary contact/caregiver for her 94-year-old mother. She has been so concerned about ensuring she doesn't unintentionally expose her mother to the virus. The only way she can ensure a high degree of success with this is to keep to herself as much as possible. This past week, her elderly cat passed away. This has added to making things mentally very challenging of late. So...I thought it might be nice to send her a "Just Because" gift. It's just to let her know that she's in my thoughts...even when we're not talking :)


I also had a video chat with my neighbour, Lyn, and two of our other quilting friends, Hanna and Vicki, who have moved and are now "far flung" from us. I worked on cutting the pieces for the next Churn Dash block (Long Time Gone) while chatting with the ladies. It's amazing how quickly the time passed :)


My other half is my very best friend ever! This day about friends would not be complete without considering him. He was born with a very insistent sweet tooth, so I decided to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies. He (and I) should be set for a little while...with a quadruple batch, we have just over 4 dozen of them to enjoy. I also had SW deliver some to Lyn while he had his outdoor clothes on from walking Jade this afternoon (I had to miss the walk since I was baking cookies).


I know he really like wonton soup, so I decided to try a soup recipe...Kimchi Wonton Soup... I happened across that had wontons in it. We added Spring Rolls as a side for our supper. It was really good!


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...