Wednesday 9 March 2022

Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to, To-may-to, To-mah-to...

...Let's call the whole thing off??? 

I will explain the above, but first...being Wednesday, it's Social Sewing Day with Lyn. She was working on quilting a baby blanket.


Normally, we sew from 10am until 1 or 2pm, with a break for lunch in the middle. Today, however, Lyn headed back home at lunchtime. She didn't want to leave Molly alone too long. The vet recommended Molly be kept as still as possible in order to give her back time to heal. Since Lyn wasn't going to be home to watch Molly, she needed to "crate" her to keep her resting. She felt a couple of hours was all the time she wanted to have Molly crated. Understandable :)

I was working on completing the blocks for this month's homework for Wanderer's Wife. Thank goodness I had my quilting to keep me busy today. I LOVE my family....biological and chosen....but sometimes they can be challenging. Point in case...we've been messaging about getting things sorted for the "Family Week" for summer. I am about ready to call the whole thing off! 

Even though we are "family" for one of our chosen daughters, her other half makes no effort to come. I can understand a full week in the summer might be asking too much, but he doesn't even make the effort at Christmas. My youngest daughter's other half does make the effort, even though it's not really his thing either. He does it out of respect and love for her. 

My other chosen daughter doesn't have a vehicle. She often asks if another person may join which poses other challenges. Sometimes her request is just because she wants the other person to be there. This time, however, it was to eliminate my need to work out transportation for her and her crew....which is definitely kind!

Neither my oldest daughter nor her other half drive, so I also need to figure out how to get them up here. There are also significant other issues....issues that virtually erupted today....that makes organizing "family week" a challenge. 

It's also possible that my youngest daughter and her other half will not be able to come. He is in the army, and is getting promoted. That promotion could well lead to them moving out to BC.

And then there are the dogs!!! Jade, who is getting older, is not fond of highly energetic dogs...and one of the dogs is not even 2 years old yet. I am worried that the two of them are going to eventually battle each other :(

Anyway, it began with a very bad taste in my mouth at Christmas time, and it's resurfaced now with "family week". 

But enough about that! I was able to get all of the blocks done for Wanderer's Wife for this month.


I had hoped to begin working this afternoon on the putting together the strips for the background, but that didn't happen. I have to go into town tomorrow to do some shopping, but I'm hoping I will still have some time throughout the day to get some sewing done with these strips.

Now it's time to get my errand lists ready.

And on that note, I wish you a very good night!

TTFN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...