Wednesday 16 March 2022

Melting Away :)

It was an absolutely glorious day today! The sun was shining and the snow was melting. I am, in fact, listening to water run off the roof into the eavestroughs and downspouts as I sit here. On the road today, the snow melt was running in rivulets down the hills. I was soooo nice, I was out on the deck in a t-shirt breaking up some of the build-up. The temperature tomorrow is supposed to go up to 11C. I'm thinking the camp chairs need to come in from the garage so that we can sit out with a coffee ;)

Today was Social Sewing with my neighbour, Lyn. We sewed at her place today. She was working on the baby quilt. She got the quilting done, and now needs to add the binding. So cute!


 I also asked her to hold up her sampler quilt....which she also still needs to quilt. She took lessons at the same time as I did in 2017. I love her sampler!!! So pretty with the blue/yellow combination, and I love the little sunflowers (hard to see...I should have taken a close up, too).


Today, I began work on my "Out Of The Box" project for this month. The rules were to use black and white fabrics, add a pop of colour, and include a circular element. This is what I have done so far. I still need to add the circular element, but I have a few other bits to sew on first :)


When I made my way back home, I had SW help me cut a board with the table saw. I will be beginning work on a long-put-off project....but more on that another day.

Lol...when you spend a good part of the day sewing, you just don't necessarily have as much to share :D

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night....which is still light out :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...