Saturday 12 March 2022

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

 Sounds like the Mazda commercial :)

Today was to be a day of Zooming. But before that began, I had some other excitement. Let me tell you about the Adventures Of Earl! While my coffee was brewing, I headed downstairs to let Jade out to take care of business. I was obviously still not fully awake because I didn't notice the guests partaking of fallen bird seed. I opened the slider to let her out, and one of the Two Earls, the red squirrels that are living somewhere near the house, ran into the house to avoid being caught by her Ladyship!!! It was soooo afraid, it was running back and forth behind our couch to the slider, and then throwing itself against the glass in an effort to escape me. Thankfully, Jade was still out "takin' care of business'! I ended up needing to leave the slider open while I went to jostle the other end of the couch to encourage him/her toward the door. There were two inherent issues with this plan. One...I couldn't see the door, so I had no way of being sure Earl exited the basement, and Two...what if Earl The Second decided to join Earl The First in the house. Anyway...I kept the door to the upstairs closed...in case...and I listened for scrabbling about when I was in the sewing room. Hearing nothing, I figured it was safe to assume that Earl was back outside. And in fact, when I went up for a break later, I could just make out 2 Earls in the tree out front.....one down low, and one directly above near the top of the photo.

Other than chasing out a red squirrel, the day was filled with quilting Zoom classes. My first class was for Wanderer's Wife.


Elaine has all her background strips stitched, and sorted into bags for the sections they belong to.


I'm still working on mine :}

My next class....also with Elaine, and another Jen Kingwell pattern...was Long Time Gone.


If it's possible, this quilt is much more scrappy and fiddly to stitch than Wanderer's Wife!

My third class for the day was Timely Techniques (also with Elaine) and today's topic was Choosing A Quilting Design. Elaine gave us several things to consider...even before looking at what might work with the pattern/fabric of the quilt.


When I finished that class, I was so tired from Zooming that it was time for a short nap. Before that, however, I had to go on a hunt for Jade. She wasn't in my sewing room with me. She wasn't in front of the woodstove outside my room. When I went up to the main floor, she wasn't in any of her usual haunts. I couldn't even find her upstairs in the bedroom. Where was she?!?!?! Back to the basement I went, and guess where she was? Lying beside the basement door. She's been out of sorts because SW is away. She's lying at the door waiting for him to come home :(

Once I found her, I convinced her to come up with me for a nap. I followed that up with continuing to work on the background strips for Wanderer's Wife. I managed to get all of Section 6 done before Jade became annoyingly persistent in letting me know it was time for our afternoon tour of the neighbourhood :P

And if I hadn't already Zoomed enough today, this evening was another Zoom session with friends from Guelph. So nice to catch up with these folks :)

It has now gotten late, and I think I'm ready to shut down with some "chick flick" TV. I see Netflix has another season of Sweet Magnolias available. Fluff TV :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...