Tuesday 15 March 2022

This morning at 7:30 I rolled out of bed and, instead of heading down and letting gravity pull me down into my chair, I encouraged the other half to join me in walking the dog BEFORE coffee. There are those that would say we haven't had much snow this year. They could be right. We have certainly had winters with more snow. But...I still think we've had a fair bit.

I have to say, as much as it was a bit of a chore to "get up and go" this morning, it was so nice to come back to the house and know that there was no pressure to finish our coffee quickly in order to get Her Ladyship out. She's not always the most patient :P

On our return, I had coffee, and did several jobs from my list for today, and was literally shocked when I finally decided to have some breakfast and it was ONLY 10:30!

One of the jobs I did was chop a bunch of vegetables. The other night, we had chicken for supper. I used up the leftover chicken last night to make us a stir-fry. Today, I set up the crockpot with the carcass to make some chicken broth to be used in future for a soup. My mother would be proud that I made so much with the food I had at hand :) I sent her some flowers today because it just happens to be her 86th birthday today. So hard to believe that she's the age she is!

I also got a couple more parcels ready to post. One parcel was for my niece. I have worked hard to remain a part of her life....especially since the passing of both her mother and father. Being so far from her (3-1/2 hours), and with COVID, sometimes makes keeping in touch with her a challenge. So...I've been sending her "Just because" parcels every so often. Just a little something to brighten her day and let her know she is always on my mind :)


I also got the next "Sweet Reads" ready to send to my close friend.


This afternoon, I was very happy that a parcel arrived for me. I really needed this fabric...at least the black and white fabric....to get here. I have homework with this fabric that needs to be completed by the weekend. So good that I can get started on it tomorrow :) The other fabric is what I ordered for Long Time Gone...if it works. I'll audit it tomorrow to see.


Today, I managed to get the rest of the blocks done for Tula's Butterfly. I do need to fix one of the blocks. The bottom right blue block has the corners incorrectly oriented. I'll fix that before I send the "finished" photo to Elaine. It took me until after 7:30 to get this much done, and SW had supper made (so lucky he's willing to take turns making supper...if he's not at work), so it was time to stop for the night.


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...