Tuesday 22 March 2022

Round And Round And Round I Go...

 It's interesting how changing one thing can so change what you see. This morning when Steve and I were walking Jade, we went straight through around the loop instead of heading left down the hill at the T-intersection. I have walked this loop countless times since becoming owners of this home, but I had never noticed the heart at the peak of this A-frame.


To be fair, the sun was hitting it right on, which lit it up, but I still think having walked in the opposite direction perhaps made me a little more engaged in looking around. :)

Although I did not get a photo of it, we saw our first Robin today, too. I had thought I'd heard Robin-song a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able to spot the Robin that was singing it's heart out. They really do have a pretty song!

When I got home, I got the first coat of tinted primer on the "pantry project", and then I decided to tackle a UFO that I'd been avoiding for well over a year (since 2020)....a jelly roll rug. 

The first time I put it together, it turned into a very large clam shell.


I had undone the whole thing, but it sat there because I was afraid to have to pull it apart again. I decided that I would commit to getting it done as one of my projects for my UFO Club. By telling others that I would do this, I felt like I could no longer avoid it. It's that accountability piece. :)

I had forgotten what it was like doing it the first time. It's a little like doing a car race on a track. You just keep going around and around and around!!! Of course, I did have to iron it flat regularly. The teacher had recommended every 2-3 rounds, but I wasn't taking ANY chances this time! I pulled it out from the machine and ironed it every 1-1/2 rounds. At one point, however, I began to wonder if I was ever going to get to the end. Check the bowl...

Yay...Almost there!!

The act of stitching was a little like a car race too....slow and easy around the curves, and tight in the straight-aways. This time...IT WORKED!!! :D And it now lies in its new home at the back door.


I also got the first coat of paint on the pantry project. It looks like it's going to need a second coat, but that will have to wait until tomorrow!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...