Sunday 20 March 2022

Look Who's Out Of Hibernation!

 Each morning, Jade comes to greet me when I come downstairs and then she heads for the sliding door off the living room. It's her way of saying I want to go out for my sniffs now. She makes her rounds on the deck, and then she's ready to come back in. It's like she wants to check what's been around in the night.


It was SUCH a glorious day today! I began the day with my "Out Of The Box" Zoom class, while Steve (who has said he doesn't mind me using his name...or photos of him...in the blog) brought in some firewood and work to shovel away more snow, ice, and seed detritus from the birds. Once my class was done, we spent a goodly bit of time digging out wood for the "pantry project". We also needed to cut a bunch of plywood strips with the table saw.

After that, I suggested we take advantage of the beautiful day by having a cup of tea out in the sun on the deck. Himself figured that, since it was the first day of Spring, a short tot of something stronger was in order :)


The title for today's blog was actually his suggestion. Seemed appropriate to the day :) He also commented "So this is what it feels like to be retired!" Indeed! We often get so caught up in all of the things we think we SHOULD be doing that we forget to take time to enjoy what we have. After all, the work will always be there!

After we'd enjoyed the sun for a good while, it was time to get busy again. I headed down to my sewing room to update my calendar with all the new homework for April. I then took a look at what I still needed to get done before the end of March. I have two jobs to finish for my UFO Club...the sashing for Abbie's quilt and trying to sew the jelly roll rug into something that doesn't resemble a clamshell.



I also need to get the first block done for my Quilts Of Valour sew-along.


I spent time cutting the strips I will need to work on the sashing for Abbie's quilt, but I didn't start the sewing for that tonight. Between that and the pantry project, tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day!



And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...