Sunday 13 March 2022

"Stripping" Done :)

So, with a suggestion from Elaine, I registered for a BlogLovin' account. It allows me to select the blogs I'd like to follow, and, if I understand correctly, sends you an email when the blogger you are following makes a post. This is incredibly helpful because some of the people I like to follow do not post every day....which means I need to actually go to their blog to see if they've posted anything new. Sweet! It's also supposed to let me add my blog to the site. However, when I tried to do so, no matter what HTML I tried (https://, http://, www.,...) nothing worked. Sigh!!! I wish I was more like the "digital natives" that I had as a teacher :(

I spent today working on the strips for the background of Wanderer's Wife. I got them ALL done!!! YAY!!!

Stitching all those strips in various lengths, and sorting them according to section, was definitely a puzzle, but the sewing itself was really quite boring...tedious. However, getting it all done is VERY EXCITING! It means we can now start putting the sections together with the blocks that are already made. It's the beginning of the end and this will begin to look like a quilt :) Unfortunately, for now, I will have to pack up all the strips according to their section. I still have homework from 5 other classes to finish up for this month, my next class being next weekend.

As I was sewing, SW came down and urged me to come look out the slider. Sitting there on the lake, eating the offal left behind by the ice fishers, was a bald eagle. You can just barely make it out in the photo.


Being as my phone doesn't do well with shots from such a distance, I went to get my better camera, but just as I got it in hand, a snowmobiler went by and the eagle flew off. It never came back today either. I'm leaving my camera in my sewing room in case it should come back tomorrow.


When I came upstairs, I got a couple of (I) care packages ready for a couple of friends who are living all alone. This virus has affected people living alone the most, I think :(


SW got supper going while I was finishing the sewing of all those strips. It seems it is now ready :P

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...