Wednesday 23 March 2022

Hanging Out :)

Today was Social Sewing with my neighbour, Lyn. We got together at her place. Apparently, her French Bulldog, Molly, could see me outside at my place before heading over to Lyn's and was VERY excited. According to Lyn, she often looks out the slider at our place to see if we are out. It's funny because Jade does the same thing when I let her out on the deck to chase the squirrels. Our pets....so cute!

I was continuing to work on the sashing for !00 Modern Quilt Blocks, as that was one of three UFO assignments I set myself this month, while Lyn worked on adding binding to a baby quilt and a lap quilt she'd been working on. At one point I looked over at the dining table chair between us. We really WERE "hanging out"....both figuratively and literally! :)


The red strips are the binding for her lap quilt, and the blue pieces are the backside of the strip I was putting together with sashing between the blocks.

This afternoon, Steve and I headed to the Home Building Centre in Burk's Falls to pick up the lathe I was going to need to finish the pantry project (the freezing rain, thankfully, hadn't started yet). On the way home, we stopped to check for mail. One of the things in the mailbox was the booklet below.


"Saving You More" indeed! Lol....how many tax dollars could have been saved by not printing this, I wonder? Hmmmm!

I also got the latest edition of the Retired Teacher's magazine called Renaissance. This is a quarterly magazine. The theme for this one is "Your Balanced Life". I believe this is something we ALL need to work at. That being said, I needed better work/life balance before I retired. I do, however, look forward to the gems of advice that I will find inside this issue.


Jeopardy will be over soon. Perhaps it'll be time to "crack the cover" of the magazine. Sounds like a good way to spend the remainder of the evening. :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...