Tuesday 8 March 2022

MIA...Again, And Too Often

Why is it that when we have company, I feel guilty about taking time to blog....or even to take photos to use in my blog. I feel like it might be seen as being rude. I think I'm going to need to get over that. Blogging has become an element of my life. I need to honour the joy that doing so brings me. And....I had EVERY intent to blog yesterday, but life got in the way. More on that later.

On Friday, our friends from Cambridge arrived. We had plans to go out for dinner on Saturday night, but they were calling for freezing rain, so we switched to going out on Friday night instead. We went to "3 Guys And A Stove". 

It was not a cheap evening for us, but it was definitely very tasty. I was shocked when we got to desserts. Our one friend ordered the Profiteroles. There were 3 of them on the plate that came and THEY WERE HUGE! One would have been enough. The place has a very nice atmosphere, and the waitress we had was amazing. Such an enjoyable evening out.

When we got home, we enjoyed a fire, some beverages, and more conversation. I had picked up this bottle of wine on a whim. 

The name reminded me of SWs family cottage on Georgian Bay. Turns out, Twisted Cedar is "Native American Owned". The wine is "Certified sustainable through Lodi Rules". The last accolade states "Dedicated to being good stewards for Mother Earth, the fine wines are a tribute to a proud people." I would definitely get this wine again. When we finally retired for the night, I opened my iPad and found this in my email.


I signed up for The Conqueror Challenge, and am (virtually) walking the Ring Road around Iceland. For each 20% of the walk I complete, I reduce the number of plastic bottles that enter the ocean (you could choose that or having 10 trees planted).

Saturday did indeed bring freezing rain. We woke up Sunday to greying, wet ice on the lake, and a skating rink for the WHOLE of the driveway!!!



Goodness!!! That looks very dangerous! Add to that the fact that the wind picked up significantly. As SW predicted, the hydro went out. Once again....so grateful we decided to install a stand-by generator. It was "on call" for several hours on Sunday :(

On Monday, once our guests were safely away, I continued work on my homework for my Long Time Gone class...which I got completed.



While I was working, SW and Jade went for the afternoon walk (I had tried in the morning but only made it a very short distance up the driveway, slipping 3 times, before deciding it wasn't worth risking a fall that might damage my replaced knees). When they returned with the mail, this had arrived. I am so looking forward to making this quilt at some point :)


At this point, I was working on my Breakfast On The Barn Trail block. I wasn't crazy about this block...not because of the content, but because I didn't like the colour way, and did not feel competent enough to do the stitching around the appliqué.
So I decided to change it to a different block.


At 5:00, I received a text from my neighbour, Lyn, that she was heading to the after-hours vet clinic with Molly, her French Bulldog. That meant a trip to Barrie....an hour-and-a-half (in ideal conditions)...during heavy snowfall...with likely a 4-hour wait (based on my trips with my daughter and her cat)...potentially driving home VERY late...AND driving alone. I told SW that I felt I should offer to go as company. So glad I did....and so very glad she accepted. The driving conditions were definitely less than ideal. We passed this near Bracebridge.


We didn't get back home until 12:30 at night. And this is why, even though I had planned to do so, I didn't blog last evening. 

Last night's crazy bad driving conditions brought the most beautiful day to follow :)


I worked on finishing my Barn Trail block. I also had to do a quiz about the legalities of cannabis (and provide my score) along with a photo of my completed block. It seems I know less than I thought about that subject.



On Facebook today, I found this. I definitely plan on attending! It is such an amazing event. And...who doesn't love pottery?!?!? Want to go???  :)


I also saw this. So important to remember this when dealing with others...and our own difficulties. It IS all about perspective!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good evening!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...