Thursday 24 March 2022

Pantry Project Complete

My problem is that I have SO many projects that I want to do!!! I guess it's a good problem to have....better than not knowing what to do to fill my time.

One of the projects I want to do (have for quite some time) is paint my own "barn block" to show that I am a quilter. I don't have a barn to put it on, but have a plan to attach it to a planter box I hope to build at the end of our driveway. I decided to have a look at one of my quilt books for some inspiration. 

I looked not only at the block to see if I liked the pattern, but also at the name of the block. I found one that I liked very much. I think the name is appropriate for where we live, and I like the pattern of the block. I will probably change up the colours, though.

I put a second coat of paint on the pantry project, and also painted the lathe pieces that would be attached after the frame was up on the door. The frame got stood up against the wall (in the background) so that the table was free to paint the lathe.
While I waited for things to dry, I did some reading, ate lunch, and finished cutting the fabric for the QOV With Glowing Hearts quilt. I am now ready to sew this month's block, but need to finish my last UFO first.

Once the pantry project was dry enough, Steve helped my to get it installed on the inside of the the pantry door. It's AWESOME!!! I put the spices, etc. in right away.
This will be SO much better than trying to find the spice/seasoning we need from the drawer (where they were stored before).

And now that we can easily see what we have, we'll eliminate the problem of purchasing a double of something we already have on hand :P

Steve was making wings and fries for supper tonight, so I decided to get some sewing done on my last UFO for this month...the sashing for my 100 Modern Quilt Blocks quilt. I managed to get all the sashing done between the blocks. Now I need to make the sashing strips that will go between the rows.
That was a BUSY day!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN







No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...